Thursday, February 9, 2012

Why we have to go and make things so complicated?

I have come to the conclusion that Rob "nests" too- just in a totally different way than I do. I clean, clean out, and organize. He remodels. Or, more accurately, hires someone to remodel.

With Ellie on the way, we realized there will never be a good time to remodel our kids/guest bath, so a week ago we hired a contractor, Monday we picked out fixtures, Tuesday we picked out granite, and we are starting a week from today. Luckily it should be about a 3 day job, so I shouldn't come home from the hospital to a partially remodeled house like I did with Drew. (you know an appliance helpful to a new mom? A microwave. We didn't have one.)

Here is a before picture. Goodbye original knobs from 1972.

Next up will be building a patio to replace the one we ripped out several months ago. Obviously that project took a back seat once we discovered something that would work for the meantime when we ripped out the deck.

Not to be outdone by Rob's building efforts, I have hired a decorator for some help on my living room.

I wonder how much the Callegaris can accomplish in the next 10 weeks.... Hopefully quite a bit!

1 comment:

The Moutons said...

I feel your pain! Good news though, we picked out our new granite and our bathroom should be finished before March!!